Monday, February 18, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad

This recipe I kind of tweak to my taste, but it is a recipe my uncle brought home from his mission in China. It is a great party salad, and if I could I would eat it all the time.

Ingredients you need:
2-3 pounds of cooked chicken (you can cook it however you like)
2-3 bunches of green onions
3 bags of Hearts of Romaine lettuce (if you like to cut up your own you can)
1 package of oriental raman noodles broken up (This is a substitute you can find at any store and I felt it was easier than making noodles and drying them first)
1 large package of Won Tons (fried to golden brown)

Dressing:
3/4 Cup of oil (I like Olive Oil but any will do)
3/4 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
6 TBLS Sugar
6 tsp Salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
(I add the raman noodles seaoning package to give it that authentic tastes)

Cook ingredients to the salad, then throw the lettuce, green onions, and crumbled up raman noodles. Toss lightly. Don't add the won tons until ready to serve. Add Won Tons, and after you shake the dressing up to emulsify add it liberally over the salad, and toss a few times until you feel each item is correctly covered and serve.

No comments: