Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sweet Chicken (aka Apricot Chicken)

6-8 boneless chicken breasts
(I prefer tenders because they are smaller for my kids)
1 Cup Apricot -pineapple jam (I have only used Apricot jam)
1 Cup Catalina Dressing
1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Put chicken breasts in 9x13 pan. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 1.5 - 2 hours or until chicken is done. Serve over rice.

Options: I cook this in my crock pot for about 4-5 hours on low. Maybe a little longer if frozen first. I also serve this with steamed red potatoes. I just quarter the potatoes, cook them in my steamer on the stove until desired tenderness, and then I put them in a bowl and sprinkle seasonings over top. (just whatever seasonings sound good that night) My favorite seasoning blend is called "salt-n-spice" made by McKormick.

Happy Cooking of the Cravings! Katie

2 comments:

TiffaniS said...

Hey Katie! We had this freezer meal 2 nights ago and it was yummy! Thanks!

Amy Jo said...

I loved this meal. So did my family, except Bart, he won't eat/try chicken (drives me crazy). I even took the leftovers for lunch today. Thanks!